Commercial Ice Bear 40: This innovative system can accommodate multiple HVAC configurations and sizes up to 20 tons. Users can permanently shift peak loads from their HVAC. Our clients have experienced up to a 95% peak load reduction, creating savings on TOU rates and reduced demand charges. Our commercial units also offer smart-grid controls and mobile connectivity to provide a real-time understanding of load capability and control.
Types of properties that already use the Ice Bear system include:
- Big-box chains
- Retail stores
- Light industrial properties
- Offices and office parks
- Educational facilities
- Houses of worship
- Institutional facilities
- And more!
Residential Ice Bear 20: This unit, designed for medium to large residential properties, acts as an all-in-one AC and thermal energy storage device—replacing traditional residential condensing units. With up to 5 tons of AC cooling capacity and the ability to work with both ductless and ducted systems, this is a go-to option to save money by shifting electricity use away from peak into off-peak periods. Like its commercial counterpart, the Ice Bear 20 has a smart grid controller and mobile connectivity options.
Download Technical Specifications (PDF):
- Ice Bear is easy to install and seamlessly integrates into a building cooling system
- Thule works with select certified HVAC contractors that supervise and coordinate the installation at your site.
- In residential applications, Ice Bear simply replaces the compressor unit that sits outside the home.
- For commercial and industrial buildings, Ice Bear attaches to one or more 4-20 ton commercial AC units and can be installed on rooftops or on the ground.